Scholarships for Students Pursuing Academic Studies Toward Environmental Sustainability
The purpose of Knick Knack Nook Re-Use It Store Society is to foster leadership in environmental sustainability through both action and education. Each year scholarships will be awarded to students who have strong ties to Bowen and are pursuing studies at a post-secondary level that clearly develop their capacity to advance environmental sustainability.
Maia Blomberg awarded $3,500
Neela Todd awarded $3,500
Hamish Bryan awarded $3,500
Nick Tennant awarded $3,500
Hanna Beamer awarded $3,500
Olivia Vallee awarded $1,250
Selena Brind-Boronkay awarded $1,250
$10,000 total awarded to 6 students
$12,000 total awarded to 6 students
$10,000 total awarded to 5 students
$6,000 total awarded to 3 students
$4,000 total awarded to 2 students
1,000 awarded to 1 student
How to Apply for a Scholarship
- Applications for this scholarship will be received up to and including June 26, 2017. Scholarships for the year 2017 have now been awarded.
- Only applications using an electronic format will be considered.
- Preference will be given to applicants demonstrating strong ties to Bowen and those who have already shown a commitment to environmental issues. Though not the primary determining factor, financial need will be a consideration.
Please include the following in your application:
- your full name, address, telephone number and email address
- your connection to the Bowen Island community
- a description of the course of study you intend to pursue
- the ways in which this course of study will advance the Nook’s interest in environmental and/or social responsibility
- your volunteer or other work that is related to community and/or environmental responsibility
- your leadership experience in other settings
- the way in which this financial award will make a difference in your ability to pursue this course of study
- documentation providing proof of acceptance at a recognized Canadian post-secondary university or college that meets provincial quality assurance standards, including student number and the address of the institution
- a letter of reference from someone other than a relative (Appropriate contact information for the reference must be included, and the Awards Committee may contact the reference.)
- a copy of the applicant’s transcript of scholastic standing from the most recent year of attendance at a recognized educational institution
- Please submit fully completed application to the Bowen Island Community Foundation email@example.com