Scholarships for Students Pursuing Academic Studies Toward Environmental Sustainability
How to Apply for a Scholarship
- Deadline for applications for the 2019 scholarships will be midnight, June 30th.
- Only applications using an electronic format will be considered.
- Preference will be given to applicants demonstrating strong ties to Bowen and those who have already shown a commitment to environmental issues. Though not the primary determining factor, financial need will be a consideration.
Please include the following in your application:
- your full name, address, telephone number and email address
- your connection to the Bowen Island community
- a description of the course of study you intend to pursue
- the ways in which this course of study will advance the Nook’s interest in environmental and/or social responsibility
- your volunteer or other work that is related to community and/or environmental responsibility
- your leadership experience in other settings
- the way in which this financial award will make a difference in your ability to pursue this course of study
- documentation providing proof of acceptance at a recognized Canadian post-secondary university or college that meets provincial quality assurance standards, including student number and the address of the institution
- a letter of reference from someone other than a relative (Appropriate contact information for the reference must be included, and the Awards Committee may contact the reference.)
- a copy of the applicant’s transcript of scholastic standing from the most recent year of attendance at a recognized educational institution
- Please submit fully completed application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org